Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lindsey's swim meet

Lindsey had a swim meet today. She did very well, I think, for her second meet ever. She swam the 100 Free, 50 back and 50 Fly. Considering she couldn't even swim Butterfly a month ago, she did very well. I was expecting to see her arms flopping around and to see her struggling just to move. But her butterfly was absolutely beautiful!! I was shocked. She looked as if she has always known how to do butterfly. It was very pretty to watch, and I think she came in 3rd or 4th for her heat.  She came in 2nd in her 100 Free and 3rd or 4th in the 50 back. We will be able to look up results online later when they post them.


Here is Lindsey about to start her backstroke race.










This is me and Benjamin waiting with Lindsey for her races to start.

4 comments:

Tonia said...

I think its always amazing to watch your kids do something like this! You watch them work,prepare and practice.. See when they get frustrated with it and then when it comes down to it they perform well... Its worth all that was put in to it. Even if they dont come in 1st place. Just to do it to the best of their ability is an accomplishment in of itself!

Heather said...

I agree! It does make it all worth just to see them do their best! (PS Thanks for reading my blog)

Anonymous said...

will you continue to blog in Missouri?

Heather said...

I sure hope so!