Monday, November 16, 2009

Signing up for dual credit classes

Today I am thankful that I was able to (fairly) successfully sign my 16 year old son up for more dual credit courses at the local community college. If all goes well, he will have 19 credit hours by the end of spring 2010. If possible, our goal is to have him get an AA degree by the end of spring 2011. It will take a lot of work, motivation, will power and most of all PRAYER! Can't get by without that, for sure! I said we were fairly successful because we were told by three counselors that he could take four dual credit classes if he had permission from his school principal (me!) but when it came down to it, the registrar wouldn't allow it. He can only take two classes per semester, but we did get permission for him to take a class in the winter break. (During their mini-mester.) I am thankful too, that he is motivated to get the job done. He is so "ready", in his mind, to go on the mission field.  He will be a very good missionary I believe. He has such a heart for people. He is the most people oriented person I know.  I pray that doesn't also become a weakness for him though. I love that kid!

No comments: