Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful for...

November is a wonderful month. It's the month I was born, oh so many years ago.  Shh...my kids don't know how old I am. (Or at least they let me believe they don't know.) This November, I am trying to post one thing I am thankful for each day. So, today I am thankful for my church family and the huge blessing they are to me and my family.

Just today, I was blessed by a dear friend Penny from my church. Here's how:
    Friday, my eight year old, Jeremiah got his finger caught in a folding chair and it pulled the outer layer of skin right off! It looks like his finger was scalped. It's not a very large wound, but it looks pretty bad. I called my pediatrician's office to ask how I should take care of it. There was no skin to piece back together. They said just keep it clean and covered. About 30 minutes later, the nurse called back here at the house and said they wanted me to bring him in to have another Tetanus shot because he was due for his third booster anyway. Well, I drove him all the way over there and after waiting in the little room for about an hour, they came in and told me that they didn't have the right shot for him. They told us to go to the health department instead. That was a bit of a pain. I asked when the last shot was and they said in December of last year, so I decided not to take him after-all. So, today, sweet Penny from church, who is a nurse, had a look at it (no one at the pedi's had looked at it at all, cause they thought he was just there for a shot) because I was just worried about how it will heal.  Penny said to soak it in salt water twice a day and change the bandages twice a day and apply neosporin. I sure pray it heals well. But with her sweet advice, I am sure it will! I am thankful for good friends who share their knowledge! Should I post a picture? It's pretty gross looking. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, picture! Love the blog idea, keep it up. cynthia

Heather said...

Well, I was going to take a picture this morning, but apparently Penny's advice was spot on! His finger grew an almost entire new layer of skin overnight!!