Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Birthday

Today was my birthday. I'm getting old. I can feel it in my bones. I always thought I would age gracefully like my drama teacher from high school. I loved her long graying hair and used to say, "I want to be like her when I get old."  Well, it is quickly approaching, much faster than I like or care to admit. And I'm not accepting it gracefully. I feel like kicking and screaming. I'm not ready to be old yet, for crying out loud, I still feel like a small child when I am in public situations! Humf! Enough on me getting old and feeling it.

It was a very good day, all in all. My children were sweet and quiet this morning and let me sleep in (until 8:30) That counts as "sleeping in" these days!  Then I took my 11 yr old dd to her ortho appt. After that I came home and put Benjamin down for a nap while my mother in law gave my children piano lessons. (Which she kindly does week after week. Thanks, Memaw!) My MIL also brought over a Razzleberry Pie which was delicious and is my second favorite pie, but exactly the one I wanted for my birthday. (We are about to eat all we can of my first favorite pie in the next 6 weeks! Can you guess what that is?) After piano lessons and a short rest time, I took DD to swim team and then after that it was out for Dinner at Pappa's Burgers where they had half price burgers and .35c buffalo wings. YUM! Then home again, home again, jiggety jig! A little FB time and blogging and soon it will be off to LALA Land for me. Good night.

2 comments:

Tonia said...

Happy Birthday!!
How nice to have some one in the family to teach piano!! I wish I wish!! My girls have taken piano, drums and guitar lessons off and on but the animals are their thing!
Hmm Must be a Pumpkin Pie Lover!! lol My oldest daughter Loves them.. I never was a big fan of it. I am a cake and cookie person!
I wanna be the old lady who is still milking her goats at around 90+ years!!lol

Heather said...

I bet you will be milking your goats for a long time! When we were still looking at farms, we visited a cow dairy where the dairy farmer and his 84 year old mother were the ones who did the daily milking! It was fun. Yes, Pumpkin Pie it is!