Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, I didn't make it to my church's Thanksgiving service like I thought I would. It's always such a blessing to hear what the Lord is doing and how He is teaching people to trust in Him more and more. I have so much to be thankful for this year. Benjamin's health is at the top of my list. Even with all his problems, I know without a doubt that other people have a harder time than we do. Like the email friend whose husband was in a life changing motorcycle accident which left him paralyzed and unable to speak just as she found out she was pregnant with her 8th child. I simply cannot imagine taking care of a houseful of children and a husband who needs to be bathed and turned in his bed all the while going through morning sickness and other pregnancy discomforts. Praise the Lord for his provision of help for her in her time of need. I only wish I lived closer to her so that I could have been a part of this blessing. Now I know some will say, if God truly were a loving God, He wouldn't have allowed this in the first place. And it's easy for me to retort, "His ways are above our ways", and while I do believe that, I also believe that so much of what goes on in this old world happens in order to draw people closer to the Lord. So many people witness the way the Lord provides for the needs of the most helpless and if only they will let themselves see the goodness amidst the turmoil, they will see His hand. It is my desire to glorify the Lord each day. (I tell my children that we glorify God by making Him look good. It helps when we have to all venture out into the public eye.) And even though I often fall short of the mark, I am so thankful for a new chance, less than 24 hours away! I do not deserve His grace, but I am oh, so thankful that He extends it to me and to all who will draw near. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving and remember to look for His goodness and mercy even in trials.

No comments: